Recovering from divorce
Let’s face it, our society does not love divorce. You will feel like a failure, even though you may know, intellectually, that this was probably the best thing to ever happen to you. Family members and friends may talk in hushed tones around you about upcoming weddings or new relationships, making you feel even more weird, awkward, or alone.
Getting through a divorce is f*cking brutal, but healing from divorce is achievable through divorce counseling. To get you on the road to healing from a divorce, these are questions that you may have about divorce that we can discuss in divorce counseling:
- What was your identity in the relationship and outside of the relationship?
- What was your identity before the relationship ever started?
- What does effective co-parenting look like and is co-parenting counseling a thing?
- How do I politely let people know that I am in the process of getting through a divorce?
- Will this grief I am experiencing ever go away?